- Students will works in groups of
two, three or four. (Note: the groups should not be larger than four.)
- Each group will select a leader.
- Each group will brainstorm which
volcano/volcanic region to study.
- The students will research their volcano/volcanic region
by going to the library and by using the internet.
- Once the groups have gathered
all of their information, they will begin writing their research paper
portion of their project in their language arts class.
- In their science classes, the
groups will work on the other two parts of this project: the
and the multimedia documentary presentation.
- For their multimedia documentary,
the students will take their research and make a story board that shows
each major step for their presentation.
- The groups will take this story
board and go to the computer lab where they will design their
multimedia presentation using either HyperStudio /Powerpoint