- Journal of what was done, successes
and problems, and student’s feelings concerning the assignment.
- Introduce computer. Assess students’
- Introduce Power point program.
Students will produce a 5-slide project with their name, picture,
family, favorites, and future.
- View student projects in class and at Back
to School Night.
- Introduce how to search on the Internet.
Scavenger hunt using the Smithsonian web site.
- Form Groups. Decide what tribe each
group will research and which aspect of Native American life each
will be responsible for. Assign roles within the group.
- Research Native Americans. Use
graphic organizer as a way to keep track of information gathered.
- Begin to work on storyboard for Power point
presentation. Share information with group. Begin Power point
- Begin writing “diary” or other project of
life of Native American
- Begin research on Explorers and changes for
- Storyboard on European impact.
- Work on diary about changes in lives.
- Using storyboards complete Power point
- Peer review and revision.
- Present Power Point projects.