Customized Technology Staff Development:
Teaching Teachers to Use Technology through Student Projects
Collaboration between Foothill College Center for Innovation and the San Francisco 49ers Academy, Ravenswood School District, East Palo
Linda K. Taber Ullah, M.Ed
Teacher in Residence
Foothill College Center for Innovation, Los Altos Hills, CA
OTHER EDUCATOR INFORMATION
This week we are going to continue our research (gathering of information) and learnn how to use PowerPoint.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to the Documents Folder and open your Microsoft Word Notes file.
3. Look a the bottom menu bar on your computer. Practice toggling between your notes file and Internet Explore.
4. Use Microsoft Word to type answers to your questions and my topics. Be sure to copy and paste the Location (Web Address or URL) of the site along with the name of the Web site above the information. You will need this for your bibliography (list of where you got your information)
5. Use these Web sites to look for information:
Downloding Images from the Internet
1. Create a Folder in the Documents Folder.
2. Go to a Web site that allows you to download pictures You can find this by going to Downloader in Yahooligans
3. Find a picture you want to put into your project
4. Click on the picture with your RIGHT mouse button.
5. Highlight the words DOWNLOAD IMAGE TO DISK
6. Go to the Documents folder and open your folder
7. Save the picture in your folder.
8. Copy the URL and name of the image into your notes.